Marwan Ghanem: Assistant Professor
| CURRICULUM VITAE
(Dr. Marwan Ghanem)
NAME : Marwan Ghaleb GHANEM
|Home Dier Bize, Ramallah
West Bank / Palestine
Ramallah P.O. Box 323
Tel: 00970 598 442265
Home: 00972 2 2905536
|Work address: Birzeit University,
Geography Department and water Institute
P.O.Box 14 Ramallah, Palestine
T: 00972 2 2982000 and 00970 598442265
Water Resources management, Hydrogeology, Hydrology, Hydrochemistry, Isotopes, Geology, Geochemistry, Water Balance, GIS - Hydrology, Groundwater Modeling, Quality of Ground - and Surface water, Environmental Sciences, and Solid Wastes Pollution.
1986 B.Sc. in Geology, Yarmouk University, Irbid - Jordan ( 74.4 % average).
1990 M.Sc. in Geology and Geochemistry with an average of 88.3 %.
Departement of Earth and Environmental Sciences /Yarmouk University - Jordan.
1999 Ph.D in Hydrogeology, hydrochemistry (Water Resources Management) at the
hydrogeological department of the institute of Geology at the TU Bergekademie
Freiberg/ Institut fuer Hydrogeologie – Geologie in Freiberg, Sachsen – Germany (1995- 1999).
Ph.D. THESIS TOPIC
Hydrogeology and Hydrochemistry of Faria drainage Basin / West Bank
(The Ph.D study in Germany was financially supported from the Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) / Bonn / Germany).
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
2010, Rainfall Trends in the District of Ramallah and Al-Bireh, Palestine, Journal of Water Resource and Protection (JWARP), published.
- 2010, Spring Water Hydrochemistry along The North - South Profile In The Jordan Valley, Asian Journal of Earth Sciences, published.
- 2010, Hydrochemical Characteristics of Rainwater in Ramallah District, Asian Journal of Earth Sciences, published.
- 2010, Groundwater pollution due to pesticides and trace elements in Northern West Bank, Arab Journal of Geo sciences AJGS, In press.
- 2010, Rainwater harvesting is a feasible option to minimize water shortage in rural areas in the West Bank: A case study, Ein Qinya Village, Dirasat Journal of the University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan, In press.
- 2010, Willingness to Use Treated Wastewater and to Pay for its Irrigated Products in Dura – Hebron, Dirasat Journal of the University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan, In press..
- 2007, Hydrochemistry of Natuf Drainage basin in Ramallah area / West Bank, Ghanem and Shalash, Environmental Geology Journal, Published.
- 2007, Groundwater flow model of the south eastern sub aquifer (Bethlehem area)/ Wet Bank , Ghanem, Merkel and Abu Ziad, Journal of Arab Water, Cairo, Published.
- 2006, Identification of Nitrate Sources in Groundwater by 15 Nitrate and Oxygen 18 Isotope: A study of the shallow Pleistocene Aquifer in the Jericho area, Palestine., Journal of Hydrogeology, Volume 143, Published.
- 2002, Hydrogeology and hydrochemistry of the Faria basin, northeastern West Bank (Marwan Ghanem, Palestine & Broder Merkel, Germany) Freiberger Forschungsheft International, Freiberg / Sachs (Journal) published.
- 2000, Isotopic Investigation of Deuterium, Oxygen-18 and Tritium of the Faria basin / West Bank: Paper in the Journal Water and Environment, PHG , in Jerusalem.
- 2002, General impressions about environmental pollution in the West bank and Gaza.
- 2004, The traditional water usage in Palestinian cultural communities, Water Arab and Technology, Tunis, UNESCO.
1999 Hydrogeology and Hydrochemistry of Faria drainage Basin / West Bank, ISSN 1433-1284, TU Bergakademie Freiberg
2003 Environmental Health and Society for the ninth Class (Author with others), Palestine.
2004 Environmental right conditions of the West Bank
Reviewer for the Journals of
- Journal of Hydrology
- Hydrogeology Journal
- Environmental Science and Pollution Research
- Water Research
- The International Association of Hydrogeologists IAH
- The Palestinian Geological Association
- European Geophysical Society
- International Hydrological Association (IHA)
- International of Hydrologist without boarders.
- The German – Palestinian friendship Association.
- The Jordanian Geological Association.
Assistant Professor at Bir Zeit University, at Geography Department and Water Institute for Master Program since Oct. 2003 till now.
- General Director of the Research and Training Unit, PHG, Ramallah (1999- 200
Arabic : native
English : very good
Deutsch : very good
Hebrew : little
HOBBIES: Traveling, reading, public participatory approach.